PLEASE BE ADVISED; This program has completed it’s current funding course. We hope that in the future there will be an opportunity to re-instate the program.
PLEASE STAY TUNED TO THE ATHERTON FOREST MOUNTAIN BIKE PARK FACEBOOK PAGE AND THIS WEB SITE FOR UPDATES
WHAT IS BIKE BUDDY???
The Bike Buddy program was developed to encourage and support new riders to develop the basic skills and confidence required to start or continue riding in our great region.
Tableland Cycle Sports invites you to sign up for our 6 week Bike Buddy program. Our volunteers will take small groups of beginners for short rides along the Atherton Rail Trail for a safe and easy introduction to bike riding. More experienced riders will be introduced to the Atherton Forest MTB Park.
Each ride will take approximately 1 hour with an extra 15 minutes either side for introducing and completing the ride, All rides will loop back to the starting point. The rides have been planned to be suitable for absolute beginners – fairly straight and flat, quiet with no traffic.
Whether it’s to boost your fitness or health, to save money and the environment, or just to have fun, taking up riding is one of the best decisions you’ll ever make.
Riding a bike a few times a week:
– Improves your general health and fitness
– Helps you lose weight
– Introduces you to new friends
– Provides hours of enjoyment
– Has zero emissions
– Saves money
Is a great way to explore the world and have fun!
WHY JOIN BIKE BUDDY?
Many people would like to ride, but don’t know where to start.
Our Bike Buddy program aims to help you build your confidence and skills in order to begin or continue riding, and have some fun at the same time!
Our volunteer ride leaders will:
– Escort small groups of beginners on short rides along the Atherton Rail Trail to improve skills and confidence
– Discuss bike maintenance issues
– Provide advice on a wide range of bikes, bike gear and bike activities.
BENEFITS TO JOINING BIKE BUDDY
As a bike buddy member, you’ll receive:
– 6 guided rides with an experienced Bike Buddy ride leader, focussing on confidence and skills development
– Good quality MTB bike hire, including helmet if needed
– An information pack introducing you to riding
– Two maps (one MTB and one road) to start you off on independent riding after the program
– An exclusive Bike Buddy t-shirt and goodie bag to carry your gear
– Club membership(including insurance)
– Further resources to improve or expand your bike riding knowledge
RIDING IN OUR REGION
There are over 100 different rides on the Atherton Tableland, many of which are suitable for beginner riders. No matter your skill or fitness level, there is a great ride waiting for everyone.
There are purposely designed mountain bike trails, the rail trail, quiet country roads, rainforest environments, bushland and outback experiences to explore.
HOW DO YOU JOIN BIKE BUDDY???
Joining the Bike Buddy program is easy:
Simply down load and fill in the application form below or grab a hard copy at selected club events.
Return them to us and you will be assigned a place in the Bike Buddy program.
Cost: $30 per person (over 14 only)
You’ll receive a Bike Buddy shirt at your first ride to wear with pride! (So please remember to advise your size on the registration form).
FOR INFORMATION AND PROGRAM CONTACTS:
APPLICATION FORM AND PRINTABLE BROCHURE:
Clicking on the links below will take you to the TCS downloads page, when you are there click on green document title : )