Thinking of entering?? do it now!
NOTE: there will be NO, that’s is a definite NO! entries on the day. Due to the timer needing to prepare entrant lists and timing chips we cannot do entries on the day
Due to unprecedented interest and the limitations of the timing system entries will be capped at 150
Go here to register:
Hot on the heals of the first ever fully MTBA sanctioned national Enduro Championship held in Cairns on October 17th and 18th AFMTBP will be staging the inaugural Atherton Enduro on Sunday November 8th.
Don’t know what Enduro is?
In one sentence it is XC and DH combined to test both the fitness of the competitors and their technical skills
Go here for a more in depth explanation of the fastest growing form of mountain bike racing in the world:
The format for the Atherton Enduro will be as follows:
The event will be a “One off” run by in conjunction with TCS and Cairns Mountain bike club with the primary sponsor being Northern Bikes in Atherton.
One of the aims of the Atherton Enduro is to encourage novice riders or those unfamiliar with the “Enduro” concept to either participate or come and watch.
Classes will be as per CMTB Enduro series format [with a couple more junior classes if required for the young uns]. Entry fee will be $25.00 plus an MTBA day license if required.
Format of the event to be 4 timed stages with a 3 hr course completion deadline [TBC]
Provisional course to be as follows:
– Start at the AFMTBP trail head on Rifle Range Road.
– Liaison stage to timed stage 1 start. Up trail 6 [Ridgey Didge] to the round about and on up trail 7 [Bandy Bandy] to the very top where the rocky seat is overlooking town.
– Timed stage 1 – Down trail 7 [Bandy Bandy] from the rock seat past the round about down on to trail 6 [Ridgey didge] all the way to the bottom where it intersects trail 1 – total 3.23 km timed
– Liaison stage to timed stage 2 start, along trail 1 past Georges pool, right at the “T” intersection on to trail 4 but continue up the fire road back to the roundabout.
– Timed stage 2 – Trail 12 [Stairway to heaven] descent only from the roundabout to the rocky seasonal water fall immediately prior to the climb up STH. The water fall crossing is after trail 12 crosses the bottom of the fire road – Total 0.7km timed
– Liaison Stage to timed stage 3. Up Stairway to heaven to the start of trail 17 [Drop zone]
– Timed stage 3 – Trail 17 [Drop zone] all the way back to the main round about – Total 2.1km timed
– Timed stage 4 – Trail 10 [Cliff hanger] from the roundabout to the intersection with trail 11 [Waterfalls] – Total 1.3km timed
Liaison stage back along trail 11 to the intersection with trail 4, past “3 Y Junction” out to the Trail head and course completion.
The course has approximately 788mts of climbing with 7.33km of timed racing, yes it is a bit tough but easily doable in the 3hr time frame – If a slow old 51 year old can cruise around it in under 2 hrs YOU CAN!!
Registrations will open Friday 23rd October and close Friday 6th November
0700-0730 Marshal and timer briefing, placement on course
0700 – 0800 Registration – at the AFMTBP trail head [The gate on Herberton range road past the gun club]
0815 Race briefing
0830 race start –
You will have 3 hrs to complete the course – you can start or finish each stage at any time as long as it is within the 3 hr [TBC] time limit BUT stages MUST be done in numerical order and ALL liaison stages must be ridden, no other short cuts permitted
1130 race finish – if you have not completed all 4 timed stages AND got back to the gate within 3 hrs [TBC] you will be classed as a DNF
12.00 Prize giving