Be one of the first 200 to enter and you and your team mates will receive a Park tools IB-1 multi tool laser engraved with the ELEV8XCM logo!!!
For the 10th year we are pleased to be running the Elev8XCM [previously known as the Herberton 8 hour] 8 hr cross country Marathon.
An event suitable for all mountain bike riders from the elite XC whippets to the weekend warrior and all in between we are sure there is a class for you and your mates.
Who knows, you may even pick up some cash or prizes!!
The provisional course has been decided for 2015.
If you competed in the 2nd round of the CMTB club XC series held on the 12th April then the 2015 Elev8XCM course is very similar but with another 3km added.
You will be pleased to note that the dreaded climb up “Rocky python” has been deleted : )
Course length 9.2km with 180mts climbing. Lap times will be in the 30 – 45 min range with a good average of 38mins. Only quickest will approach to 30 minute mark
Start at the gun club, in to trail 1 at the gate and on past Georges Pool, left at the T intersection across the creek and road into trail 2. Continue in to the new loop on trail 2. Right at the T intersection and in to trail 3 past the V6 on a stump. Out on to the fire road and turn right then back in to the fire road on the left where it joins on to trail 4 at 3 Y junction. Continue up trail 4, turn left on to the short linking blue graded trail and back out on to trail 4 again out to the road. Across Herberton Range Road and in to trail 14 “Ewe Beauty” all the way out to the gun club.
Prize money will be announced very shorty with some significant cash up for grabs.
We also very excited about the new event village layout at the gun club which we are sure will add to the festival atmosphere.
KIDS RACE SATURDAY 3.30 PM
As per previous years we are having a kids mini Elev8XCM on the Saturday afternoon prior to the big event on Sunday.
Details are as follows:
– Saturday 15th August starting at 3.30pm.
– Registrations will be held at 3pm at the AFMBP Gate on Rifle Range Road
– The length of the race is 1 lap for 8-10yrs & 2 laps for 11-12yrs, lap consisting of approximately 3km on the Green graded trails.
– Children must be able to ride unaided to ride
– Registration is $15 / child, payment on day.
– Register the child via firstname.lastname@example.org with details:
Name of child, DOB, address, contact parent & phone number
– We will need parents to assist with marshallinfg etc. if you enter your child how about helping out